How to find wifi password on windows 10: Well, you may forget your WiFi password at times especially when you are in need? Not an issue. As I am here to help you in step by step process. You can use the Command Prompt in order to get windows 10 find wifi password successfully. So let us go learn and recover the password within several seconds.
Most of the stores, airport, service stations, pubs and much more maintain the free Wifi network and we struggle to connect especially when the user is in need. In that situation, the below methods with different steps will help you. Having the password saved on the paper/ system/ note might be great. But remember not possible all the times.
If you know, can retrieve and use on your mobile but if you do not, can use any of the below methods for how to find wifi password on windows 10 in simple and easy way. Most of the point every individual need to remember is when you enter the password, it automatically saves the password by default. And once all these passwords are saved, it always is obscured, even when the user trying to re-join a network towards that respective password you have entered.
How to find wifi password on windows 10
There are different possibilities for how to find wifi password on windows 10. And so that you can easily connect to the respective network without any fail. All the process is simple in order to find the passwords and follow accordingly. So that can connect to the respective network without any fail. The below are the certain methods for how to find wifi password on windows 10 and you just have a look, learn and retrieve successfully.
- How to see wifi password on windows 10 for known network
- Viewing Wi-Fi password Through Network and Sharing Center
- Using Wifi password revealer software
- How to find passwords for wi-fi network you connected previously.
- You can also find the passwords for Wifi networks in Windows 7 or earlier.
- What if all this won’t work?
How to see wifi password on windows 10 for known network
For most of the time especially when we are in need, how to find wifi password on windows 10? Here we are using the command prompt in order to recover such password. As such perform a right click on the start button and choose the command prompt as an admin in order to access it. So finally, the user requested now to type the below provided commands with no doubt.
- The very first step open the command prompt by typing the command CMD in the start menu or the taskbar search box and then press the enter key.
- And there, type the following command and press enter.
netsh wlan show profiles
- Now once after doing so, it shows all the saved wireless network profiles on the system supported by the PC.
- And next, enter the following command in order to view the WiFi password respectively.
netsh wlan show profiles WiFiprofilename key=clear
- In the above command, do replace the WiFiprofilename with the actual/ original profile name of the Wi-Fi network.
- And for instance, if the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) is Office, then make a note as you need to enter the following command
netsh wlan show profiles Office key=clear
- Now the password appears next to the Key content.
Viewing Wi-Fi password Through Network and Sharing Center
Well, this is another method that helps you to recover the password successfully. All the thing you need to do is follow the below steps carefully and move forward.
- The first step the user needs to perform is right-clicked on the wireless icon in the system and then click on the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
- Alternatively, you need to type the ncpa.cpl in the start menu search box or run the command box and press enter in order to open the network and sharing center.
- Once it gets opened click the link labeled change adapter settings.
- Now do double click on the Wifi icon in order to verify the WiFi status dialog.
- Here, you have to click on Wireless properties button and open the wireless network properties window.
- Do click on the security tab in order to switch the same. Finally, click show characters box in order to view the password. Finally, windows 10 view wifi password is done.
Using Wifi Password Revealer
Well, If the user is still not feeling comfortable by using the Windows command line, can use all third-party software. This is to get windows 10 wifi password called Magical JellyBean Wifi password revealer. As this will completely retrieve all the Wifi passwords saved in the Windows successfully.
So do download the Wifi password revealer, do install and run it successfully. Nowhere the user use the configuration.
Go, just select any of the Wifi connection and then press Ctrl + Alt + C in order to copy the whole password to the clipboard without any doubt.
Make a note like that if you are using Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP, then the actual Wifi password will not be shown but it will be shown in HEX form. And the same HEX password can be used for activating the Wifi on any of another device respectively.
How to Find Passwords for Wi-Fi networks You Connected Previously
Here, all the windows store the passwords of previously joined or known Wi-Fi networks. In the Windows 7 or earlier versions, the user needs to find the stored wireless profiles from the Network and Sharing Center. But the only thing in Windows 10 is to follow the above method using the command prompt.
Find Passwords for known Networks in earlier version
- In order to start, go to the Network and Sharing Center, and then click on the option “Manage wireless networks” available at the left sidebar.
- You can find a list of all networks once you direct there, and connected previously.
- And to find the password, perform a double-click on the respective network name especially to open its properties.
- Now at the network properties window, go to the Security tab and then make sure to check the box next to “Show characters” without any fail. And finally, it will show you the password of the network in the form of “Network security key” field.
- Follow these steps and retrieve the password successfully.
How to check wifi password on windows 10/lost password
If you lost the password of your current Wi-Fi network then how can you retrieve back? This is a very simple process and easy in order to find that password. All you need to do is follow the below steps carefully. In general, the windows will store the password which can be found in the easiest way.
- Firstly, perform a right click on the WiFi icon appeared in the taskbar, and then click on the“Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Open the network and sharing center.
- Now do click on the name of the Wi-Fi network which you have connected to. And my network’s SSID is AtomicFrags.
- Now click on the Wireless Properties. And move to the Security tab so that can check the box appeared next to “Show Characters”.
- Also, this helps you to find the wireless password of the connected network in windows very well.
- The user can have a look where to click exactly followed by all the numbers “1 and 2”. As this is very much simple and easy as you can see. This might take no longer than 30 seconds to complete and successful in windows 10 show wifi password.
If all the Above methods won’t Work, Reset the Router:
Well for instance, if you fail in finding wifi password on windows 10 and unable to find out the best solution for how to find wifi password on windows 10, then reset the router. All this might be due to the reason, password changed by any of family members or anyone. So you just need to reset the router and then connect to the network with the help of setting default password by the router manufacturer in the next step.
If the user uses a PPPoE connection, then you need to take the burden to make a call towards the internet service provider for the connection providing username and password. This might take some time in order to configure the connection. If you want to skip all these steps, then connect your router to a respective system and then reset your password successfully. So that you can easily get rid of this issue unable to show wifi password windows 10.
Hope you are cleared about the concept how to find wifi password on windows 10 provided above in clear and understandable format. If you like the article how to view wifi password on windows 10 can share with friends/ social networking sites without hesitation. Thank you for visiting. Drop a comment if you get any doubts related to how to find wifi password on windows 10 process. Visit usestuff for more updates and to share all the useful information with others.