The article namely, how to block website on chrome will make you learn with the help of different blocking sites. The Chrome will far different from other browsers and it became most popular attracting multiple users, launched in the year 2008. The Google chrome is faster than others and provides fast access with accuracy. The Chrome generally does not involve any blocking tool as a feature. So to have a solution for how to block a site on chrome, one should download by preferring the multiple blocking sites available in the store.
The chrome has several 3rd parties chrome extension which helps to block websites on chrome. These web blocker extensions and add-on s can be installed with the help of Web Stores with these you will know how to block website on chrome. The Google Chrome blocks the multiple web sites which may harm for our PCs. There are certain steps to block a website in Chrome manually. An individual can follow the below steps which will be an alternative for the other blocked sites.
Many of the chrome users have a query of can you block a website on chrome, because now a days some of the websites do the hell on the internet by which many of the kids will be attracted, in that situation we can block jwplayer chrome with some guides. So here we are providing a guide on how to block a website in chrome completely without any issues.
Steps for how to block website on chrome
Want to know about how do you block a website on chrome, then follow the below steps completely and know about blocking a website.
- Firstly, Open Chrome browser and select the menu dots which can be seen on the top right corner.
- Select Settings and then go to advanced settings.
- Now, you have to select Change proxy settings under the network.
- So that, Windows Internet Property window get to appear.
- Select restricted one on the top of the window, and then click the Sites button at the bottom side.
- Once after the click, need to add URL of the site which you need to block. Click Add.
- After the completion of the compilation list, Click close and Ok.
- Finally, Restart the chrome for the purpose of blocks to have a certain effect.
If the above process does not work effectively, one can prefer the following blocking sites to block a website on chrome as discussed below. how to block a website with chrome is given out above.
Best Alternatives for how to block websites on chrome
The following are the best alternatives to block sites on chrome and can have a look at the following sites. Some of them are categorized into
- Personal Blocklist
- Block Site
The user can access the following sites by downloading through web stores. The sites provide security in greater extent by identifying and removing the malware from the site.
The Personal Blocklist is one of the extensions provided by the google. This provides extra options to search results that help the maximum of users. The user will have an option of blocking such lists from the domain as they are little use or no use. That means you can delete the low-quality web sites so that one can ensure as the result will be relevant. This extension provides a clear and easy way for removing the unwanted sites from the search and helps you to enable the most useful websites involving various resources.
Steps to block website on chrome using Personal Blocklist
- The user has to install initially from the web store.
- Once the installation has completed, have an option of search results to block the domain of the similar result.
- As the blocked site appears in the result, gets the notification at the bottom of the search page as a few sites will not appear because of blocking them.
- Have an option of showing them here to have a look on the list of blocking web sites.
- To manage the Personal Blocklist, Click on the chrome extension in chrome toolbar so that you can visualize the various websites.
Every user will have a query regarding how to block a website on chrome, The alternative solution for the query will be choosing the Block site. This is considered as an authentication option. Now, the user has to add the passwords including the special characters so that children won’t able to access the site easily and undo the complete process which you have done.
Steps to block a website on chrome using Block site
- Once the installation has completed through the web store, Open extension settings.
- After opening the settings, have an option of adding the sites that you don’t need.
- Also, need to check Enable authentication box and one has to specify the password to access the block from the settings.
The stayFocussed is considered as one of the best alternatives for blocking the sites for google chrome. Most of the users waste lot of time spent on social networking sites such as facebook, twitter and so on. For this issue, there will be the provision of estimated amount of time you spend on these websites through these extension limits.
The StayFocussed site will restrict your browsing activity along the time you have spent on the unwanted sites. Even though, if the user does not cross the limit, one can specify a number of hours that you need to block access.
Steps for the query as how to block website on chrome using stay focussed
- The very first step is to locate stay focused extension in the search results.
- Then click on free download to get an extension of the blocking site.Grant the permission on clicking into permission box to access the browsing data.
- Navigate the site in such a way, which you are interested to block by entering into the browser window.
- Now, click on the icon namely, stay focused look like a round shape, an analog clock will be located on the right side of the browser window to launch stay focussed.
- Finally, click advanced options, and the window gets appear for setting the amount of time for blocking the particular website, or you can also set the number of days or weeks to get access for the site.
- Then at last click on nuclear option to complete the site regardless any time limit which you have been imposed.
The article mainly focuses on how to block a website on chrome with the basic process or can block through using the various different extensions available in the web store. For any queries, Just comment the problem in the following comment section as we will help you to solve the problem. Keep Visting Use Stuff for some more Awesome Stuff.