Well, the antimalware service executable process usually plays the crucial role in Windows Defender service. Moreover, all this has come bundled with Windows 10. It is also meant for consuming far more than the CPU processing power.
Also, it has a provision of handling it to reduce all the system’s speed with no second thought. If you are the one using Windows Defender and noticed high CPU usage for a longer period of time, then you can preassume as the issue get solved in a very short period of time.
Now here we are going to learn few fixes provided in simple steps related to antimalware service executable high cpu usage. So are you ready to learn with? Here we go.
What is Antimalware Service Executable
Are you the Windows Defender user? If yes, simply open the Windows Task Manager and scroll down. So that you can see the antimalware service executable in the form of a list. It usually allows to monitor the whole system meant for potential threats and it provides real-time protection against malware and other cyber attacks. Also, might be the cause of disproportionately high CPU usage too.
All this use the excessive CPU for long periods of time and carry out all the scans especially when you wake up the system in order to quickly send an email or else checking the site. So let it do its job resolving all the threats and then follow some steps that help us to prevent issue happening again and again.
How to Stop Antimalware Service Executable
So follow the below steps carefully to get rid of the issue in a very less time. All these fixes are to prevent the antimalware service executable from rushing all the system resources and in turn maintaining the system in a very much smoothly. Let us go right now to learn all such fixes.
- Change Windows Defender Scheduling
- Add antimalware service executable to the Windows Defender Exclusion Lists.
- how to disable antimalware service executable
Change Windows Defender Scheduling
Most of all the times, the high memory of usage cause antimalware service executable. This is especially while the Windows Defender running a full scan. But do not worry as there is a perfect solution by scheduling all the scans that are to be taken place. Follow the below steps in order to optimize the schedule.
- Go to Start Menu-> Open task scheduler available in the form of a list. And then launch the program.
- Perform a double click on task scheduler library and navigate to the following path. [Library/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender].
- Now double click on Windows Defender Scheduled Scan-> Click on conditions tab->uncheck all options-> Click Ok.
- Doing this clears all the scheduled scans.
- In order to protect the system, we need to perform new scans. And this is possible when the system performance gets decreased. Click on Windows defender scheduled scan-> choose the trigger-> and then click on new.
- And as a result, I completely suggest to perform all the weekly and to provide greater security with no doubt.
You might be also read: iMessage Fix it with A Perfect Solutions
Add antimalware service executable to Windows Defender Exclusion Lists
While you perform a scan, the Windows Defender usually checks each and every file on the system. It is the common source of system lag. In order to prevent this, need to instruct the windows defender while you do a system scan. Follow the below steps carefully to add antimalware service executable.
- Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc for opening Windows Task Manager.
- Now, in the list of processes, you need to search for antimalware service executable. After doing so, right click on it and select the open file location.
- So that you can notice the complete path of antimalware service executable windows 10. Click on the address bar and copy the whole path.
- Open the start menu-> windows defender-> tap on the top result to launch the windows defender security center.
- And finally, click on the virus and threat protection-> Settings-> add or remove exclusions-> add an extension-> choose thye file-> paste the path in respective address bar.
- Now, therefore, open as the file is going to be excluded from scan successfully.
How to Disable Windows 10 Antimalware Service Executable
If you notice any issue once after performing all the above two methods, disable antimalware service executable disk usage by performing simple steps. Make a note as this is vulnerable to the range of cyber attacks.
- Tap Windows Key + R for opening the Run dialog box.
- Now type regedit and then tap on OK for opening the Registry editor.
- In the navigation pane, double-click on folders to navigate them HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
- If you find the registry entry named as DisableAntiSpyware, right click on it and sets its value of data to 1.
- If you are not able to find, right click on DisableAntiSpyware-> right click on main registry editor pane-> select New-> DWORD value.
- And finally, name the new registry entry as DISableAntiSpyware set the value date to one.
As a result, I hope you are cleared about the whole concept provided here. For instance, if you have any doubts, simply comment on the below section. Also, like the article, share with friends or also on social networking sites with no doubt. Stay in touch with usestuff to learn more interesting information. Thank you.